GSoC 2018: Week 1
It's been 5 days since Coding Period of Google Summer of Code 2018 has started. Debian's GSoC admin have decided to ask for a weekly log from students working with Debian (every Friday). So here is what I did from 14th May to 18th May.
I have been working on fixing current issues with invoice2data library. So here is the list
- I have made it possible to dump all fields to json and csv files. #114
- We have adopted Numpydoc convention for docstrings. Hence, I have added proper docstrings to all public functions and classes #119
- Then I investigated the cause of "Resource Warnings" and have come to the conclusion that those are due to upstream libraries.
- I have made tests for Command Line Arguments. I have been commit to issue/8 branch from invoice2data. The functions that I worked on are:
- content checking in json files,
- copy argument and
- exclude builtin template argument
- I then further investigated tesseract-ocr module and will be working on to improve it and report better messages upon missing dependencies.
Here is what I intend to do in Week 2:
- I will be continuing work on tests. Right now we only test Command Line Arguments and will be extending it to when invoice2data is used as a library.
- Work on tesseract module or at least checking whether it's dependencies are installed.
- If both these tasks are done, I will move on to improve factur-x library as mentioned in my previous blog GSoC 2018, Debian: Community Bonding.