GSoC 2018: Week 3
It's been 19 days since Coding Period of Google Summer of Code 2018 started and 7 days since my last blog. Debian's GSoC admin have decided to ask for a weekly log from students working with Debian (every Friday). So here is what I did from 26th May to 1st June.
This week, I worked on factur-x library, adding more features and resolving existing bugs/issues. I haven't mentioned how we keep track of our work. My mentor Manuel, created issues in factur-x repository with description to let me know what features should be added and the enhancements to be made.
|Features to be added to factur-x library|
|Enhancements to be made to factur-x library|
- I have cleaned XML templates to remove dummy data and replace them with empty tags. Issue:22
- We (Manuel and I), converted all markdown documents to reStructuredText format. This involved changing three to four files in invoice2data library and a README file in factur-x library. PR:25
- Enhancement: I added more tests to the tests added last week. For this I learned about lxml library, how to navigate using Xpath and methods to compare two XML files. Commit
- Feature: I have completed the script to extract data from xml file and make a python dictionary out of it. Then, finally dump it to a JSON file. Issue:4
- Since my mentor was a bit busy this week, I used it to learn more about PyQt-5. There is no good documentation available for PyQt-5, hence, I read the docs of Qt-5 and my prior knowledge of C++ helped.
- I will be implementing validation
- This week I looked into creating command line arguments for factur-x, hence, I will be implementing this as well.
Blogs related to GSoC 2018