GSoC 2018: Week 2
It's been 12 days since Coding Period of Google Summer of Code 2018 started and 7 days since my last blog. Debian's GSoC admin have decided to ask for a weekly log from students working with Debian (every Friday). So here is what I did from 19th May to 25th May.
This week we made a new organisation invoice-x for easier management and reviewing purposes. Now, both the libraries invoice2data and factur-x have been moved there.
- As I mentioned in my previous blog, that I will be covering tests for 'invoice2data as a library'. So I did do it. Link to commit.
- I have added checks for
tesseractmodule, which verifies installation of
imagemagickmodules in invoice2data. It was related to issue-92
- Added related project section to invoice2data and factur-x. Issue-14
- Then, I spent time on reading about French government's new standard to exchange electronic invoices, called, Factur-X that builds on a different German standard ("ZUGFeRD").
- I have figured out problems with file loading mechanism of factur-x and we are still working on how to optimize it.
- I have fixed issues with embedded resource checking in factur-x. Issue-16
- An issue came up related to whitespace input to
tesseractmodule, had to fix it and in the process I learned about
subprocesslibrary of python.
- I have written tests for factur-x now tests three functions
- Added a simple test for tesseract module in invoice2data which checks whether
tesseract.to_text()is working or not. PR-135
Here is what I intend to do in Week 3:
- I will be writing tests for factur-x library.
- I have planned to implement JSON export for factur-x issue-4.
- I doing the above two I will start working on other milestone(issues)
- invoice2data library
- factur-x library
- Week 1 blog
- French standard, Factur-X
- Know more about my project
- My github profile